Over the last 12 years as a product marketing leader, I've taken products from cradle to scale at early-stage startups, scale-ups, and established tech companies. Founders, heads of marketing, and heads of sales count on me when they need strategic thought partnership and hands-on execution.
Whether I'm guiding a cross-functional team or acting as the sole getter-done of things, I take a very collaborative approach, ensuring we're aligned on what success looks like, collecting feedback early and often, and communicating every step of the way.
Key questions I can help answer: All 6 components of a marketing plan
1. Target audience
- How can you better define your target audience?
- What are their pains, priorities, and desired outcomes?
2. Positioning and messaging
- How can you speak to your audience's problems and worldview?
- How can you position yourself as a must-have painkiller vs. an optional vitamin?
- How can you reduce risk and friction around adopting your product?
3. Core content
- Do you know how to build specific interest in your product vs. any other competitor?
- Do you have a content strategy that can hook unaware buyers and guide them along the purchase journey?
- Do you know how to enter your audience's constellation of influencers and information sources?
- Does your audience have reasons to stay in your orbit?
- Do you know how to create pull for demo requests?
- Do you know how to convert demos into sales?
- Do you know how to define your customer's desired outcome(s) after the sale?
- Have you created the tools and guidance your customers need to successfully onboard and take action?
How I can help plan and execute a scalable marketing plan
1. Research: Finding strong answers to the right questions
- Customer research (surveys/interviews)
- Win/loss/churn interviews
- Product-market fit interviews
- Messaging and positioning market feedback
- Competitor research
- Listening to and joining sales calls
- Developing a customer advisory board
- Developing buyer personas
- Product / user story research
- Researching / sizing new segments and markets
2. Strategy: Turning insights into actionable, repeatable growth plans
- Campaign planning and messaging
- Marketing funnel analysis
- Marketing budget estimation
- Product launch planning
- Sales enablement planning
- Social media planning
- Content planning
- Customer marketing planning
- Creating team alignment across Marketing, Sales, and Product
- Assessing talent needs
3. Execution: Getting things done. Fast.
- Company-level positioning and messaging
- Product positioning and messaging
- Use case messaging
- Industry messaging
- Core content development
- Thought leadership development
- Demand gen content
- SME-based whitepapers
- Web and email copywriting
- SEO articles
- Customer stories / case studies
- First call decks
- Pitch decks
- Product pitch decks
- Product 1-pagers
- Sales enablement assets
- Competitive battle cards
- You vs. ‘Competitor X’ sales enablement
- ROI/business case development
- Analyst relations
- Interviewing candidates