Hi, I’m Jehan! I turn B2B products into must-haves by connecting them with the pains, priorities, and workflows of a specific market.
I seek to understand how a product works and how customers buy so I can tell the story of why anyone should care. For over 10 years, I've helped LinkedIn, SurveyMonkey, Amazon, and eBay grow sales by launching new products, making them easy to understand, compelling, and memorable.
After long stints in Vancouver and Silicon Valley, I now live in San Diego. My past positions include the vp of product marketing at Udacity, head of product marketing at 15Five, and director of product marketing at Emplify (acq'd by 15Five).
A few career highlights:
- I launched the first skills insights product at LinkedIn Learning
- I helped build LinkedIn Learning's first voice of customer program
- I was the first product marketer hired for eBay's ad tech business unit
- The first startup I joined, Emplify, got acquired and I was retained to build the product marketing team for the acquirer (15Five)
- I have been hired 3 times to build product marketing functions from the ground up
- I built the messaging and positioning for 15Five's flagship product—Perform (performance management SaaS)
- I launched 15Five's first training service offering (Transform)
- I created sales and website messaging that differentiated 15Five from its top competitor
- I built the customer case study programs at 15Five and Udacity
- I led the analyst relations effort that placed Udacity first in IDC's influential MarketScape report
Most products start life as a nice-to-have for B2B buyers. My job is to make them a must-have. Achieving that takes a fun mix of art and science, to connect products with the pains and priorities of a specific market. When I have some free time, I enjoy writing about the tools I use to do my work: research, messaging, and strategic planning.